PLAN YOUR ADVENTURE
Before you begin to plan your marine adventure you will need to confirm accommodation and flights for your holiday to Tofino. ViewWest Vacation Rentals can help with all of your accommodation needs. We offer special Fishing/Accommodation packages during our Low Season and Spring/Fall Seasons. Our busy spring and summer vacation rental season starts at the beginning of June and ends on the Thanksgiving weekend. Reservations are often made a whole year in advance. If you have any questions about accommodation in Tofino give us a call – 1-888-448-4141.
When you have flights and accommodation you are ready to explore the many options for outdoor adventure off the coast of Tofino. We offer Fishing, Whale Watching, Bear Watching, Hot Springs tours, Family Fun Adventures and Scenic Tours of Clayoquot Sound. You can call your captain, Chris (250-726-5209) any time for information on what interests you and your family or friends.
Fishing Season – best from April through to the end of September.
Whale Watching – from March through to October.
Bear Watching – spring through to fall.
Hot Springs – year round, weather permitting.
What to bring:
1. Fishing licence’s can be obtained online from Fisheries and Oceans Canada or locally at Method Marine in Tofino. It is important to secure your licence prior to your day of fishing and have it with your on your charter. A Fishing Licence is mandatory.
2. Warm clothes: Layering is best as the temperature and conditions in and around the waters of Tofino can change frequently.
3. Seasickness: If you are prone to motion sickness there are many over the counter medications and natural treatments available. Remember some medications need to be taken 12 hours in advance of your charter.
4. Bring food and drinks: Your charter can be anywhere from 5 to 8 hours so bring along a good supply of food and drinks.
5. All fishing tackle, rods and bait are supplied by ViewWest Adventures.